Transform ordinary coffee filters in to a beautiful butterfly mobile using Crayola Markers!
Pip-Squeaks Markers, 16 ct.
Clear string or fishing wire
- Create a colorful design on a coffee filter with a Pip-Squeaks Marker. Fold the filter in half, then again, and once more, to create a triangle shape.
- Place the pointed end of the folded filter in a small jar of water. Watch the color spread as the water wicks up. Unfold the filter and place it on a paper towel to dry.
- Once dried, scrunch opposite sides of the coffee filter together with your fingers, to form wings. Wrap a Crayola Chenille Stem around the center and bend the stem tips to create antennae. Trim off any excess using Crayola Scissors.
- Repeat steps 1-3 five or six times to create enough butterflies to fill your mobile.
- Tie a length of clear string or fishing wire around the center of each butterfly. TIP: Use different lengths of string so butterflies hang at different levels.
- Remove the outside of an embroidery hoop. Attach the strings of your butterflies to the inside of the hoop. When all are secured, reattach the outside of the hoop.
- Attach wire to the hoop in order to hang and display!