Create a DIY flower bouquet using coffee filters, paper towels, and other supplies. Give these faux flowers to a loved one or special someone!
Crayola Cheniile Stems
- Color a design on coffee filters with a marker, making enough for a bouquet.
- Fold coffee filters into a triangle shape, then dip the tip in a small amount of water. Watch as the color spreads and wicks! Unfold the filters and place on a paper towel to dry.
- In lieu of dipping, use water and paint brush on an unfolded, designed coffee filter overtop paper towels. Let dry.
- Once dried, set filters aside. Colors will have bled onto paper towel. Cut out each of the designs on the dried paper towel to fit inside the filters.
- Fold filter and paper towel over and twist the bottom from the center to make a flower. Repeat to create all flowers.
- Wrap the flower ends with a chenille stem to secure the flower and create the stem.
- To make a bouquet, bunch flowers together and wrap a chenille stem around the flower stems. Give as a gift or put on display!
CIY Staff Tips
- When making the flower with the filter and dried paper towel, mix and match from different flower designs for color variety.