Use Air Dry Clay and Metallic Kids Paint to help your child create a thumbprint pendant that will be cherished for years to come!
Air Dry Clay
Crayola Metallic Kids' Paint
String or keyring
*Requires adult assistance
- Roll a small ball of Crayola Air Dry Clay between your hands. Place on a flat, hard surface and flatten into a circular pendant shape.
- Help your child make a deep thumbprint in the middle of the pendant.
- Create a small hole at the top of the pendant with a toothpick (adult assistance required). Place the pendant on parchment paper and allow 2-3 days to fully dry. The clay will harden, and the color will lighten slightly.
- Once dry, decorate the top of the pendant with Crayola Kids' Paint. For extra shimmer, use silver Crayola Metallic Kids' Paint. Let dry for 1-2 hours.
- Using Crayola Markers, help your child write his or her name, or write a special message on the pendant.
- To make a necklace, loop string or cord through the hole in the top of the pendant. To make a keychain, attach a keychain through the hole in the top of the pendant.
- Give as a gift to celebrate Grandparents Day!