Create a colorful melted crayon ornament with crayon shavings and a mason jar lid!
Mason Jar Lid
- Unwrap between two and six crayons and use a crayon sharpener to create the shavings.
- Lay a piece of wax paper on a protected surface and sprinkle the crayon shavings on the wax paper evenly.
- Place another piece of wax paper over the shavings and seal off the edges with a strong tape.
- With adult supervision, use a hairdryer to melt the crayon shavings. Allow to cool.
- Use a mason jar lid to measure and trace a circle on the wax paper. Cut out the circles.
- Loop a string through the mason jar lid and tie to create the hanger for the ornament.
- Carefully press the circles of wax paper and melted crayon into the open top of a mason jar lid.
- Hang and display!
* Adult assistance required