Hanging star decorations are now a colorful upcycled craft! Decorate leftover brown paper bags, then transform them into a DIY Paper Star.
Blunt Tip Scissors
Washable Glue Stick
Broad Line Markers
8 Upcycled Paper Bags
- Decorate the large and bottom panel of a paper bag with paint and paint brush. Dry 1 hour.
- Paint a design on the other large panel, then dry 1 hour.
- Follow the same process on both side panels. Dry 1 hour
- Repeat Steps 1-3 on 7 more paper bags. Use markers to decorate with no dry time!
- Hold a folded, decorated paper bag with open end at top. Make an upside-down "T" on the large panel with glue. Put another paper bag on top and press down. Repeat up until the last bag.
- With scissors, cut a point at the open end of the paper bag stack.
- Make upside-down "T" with glue on the large panel of the last bag. Gently fan the paper bags, then connect and glue together the first and last paper bag to make a paper star.
- Hole punch the top of the paper star, then feed through and tie the ribbon.
- Hang as a party decoration or everyday décor!
CIY Staff Tips
- Beyond paint and markers, decorate paper bags with Crayola Crayons and other coloring supplies.
Paper Bag Star Craft Kit
- Broad Line Markers, 10 ct.
- Washable Glue Sticks
- Big Paintbrush Set, 4 ct. Flat
- Washable Paint 6 ct.