Create a colorful crayon shaving sun catcher just in time for spring!
Crayola Crayona, 24 ct.
- Unwrap the crayons you want to use to make your raindrops. Experiment with shades of blue!
- Sharpen your crayons into small shavings using a pencil sharpener.
- Protect your surface! Then, sprinkle the shavings onto a piece of wax paper. Be sure to blend the colors!
- Place another piece of wax paper over the top of your crayon shavings. Tape down the edges and make sure to remove as many air bubbles as possible.
- With adult supervision, use a hair dryer to melt the shavings until they form a colorful melted surface.
- Wait for your melted crayons to dry before cutting raindrop shapes into your melted wax leaving the parchment paper on.
- Tie thin string to a dowel and tape your raindrops to the string to form your sun catcher!