Easily create a unique, tie dye masterpiece with Crayola Acrylic Paint and clear plastic wrap. This less-mess project is perfect for all ages!
Wood Slab or Canvas
Clear Plastic Wrap
- Choose a few colors of Crayola Acrylic Paint that may express your mood, your personality, or just a few fun colors that you'd like to display.
- Pour drops of paint all over a wood slab or canvas. Experiment with patterns like rainbow, ombre, or a unique design that is all your own!
- Gently place cellophane wrap over the surface. You may need multiple sheets to cover the entire area depending on the size of the surface, but be sure to overlap each layer to ensure there are no gaps.
- Rub the paint around to blend. For added tie dye effects, twist the cellophane in different areas around the board. When satisfied with the design, let the paint dry overnight with the cellophane on.
- Once dried, carefully peel the cellophane off the board to reveal the texture left behind.
- Slowly wrap the edges of the board with twine to create a border for your beautiful design and tie off the two ends of the twine on the back of the board. If needed, secure with a piece of tape or a small dab of glue.
- Display or give your piece of art as a gift!