Give mom a colorful gift this Mother's Day by creating a flower wreath to brighten up her day. Use Crayola markers on coffee filters and paper towels to create vibrant, customizable flowers for mom.
Pip-Squeaks Markers, 16 ct.
- Use a PipSqueaks marker to color a design on coffee filters. Fold the coffee filter over to create a triangle shape. Create enough to fill a wreath!
- Place your folded coffee filters in a small amount of water so that the tip of your triangle touches the water. Watch as the color spreads and wicks away! Place wet coffee filters on a sheet of paper towel and allow to dry.
- While flowers are drying, wrap a foam circle wreath with a fabric of your choice. Tape down the ends so that your fabric stays put.
- Cut your dried paper towel to fit inside the coffee filters. Feel free to mix and match colors from different flowers for color variety.
- Fold your coffee filter and paper towel over and twist the bottom from the center to create the shape of a flower. Repeat to create all of your flowers.
- Wrap the ends of your flowers with a pipe cleaner to secure the flower and create the stem.
- Use the pipe cleaner stem to wrap around your wreath. Wrap around the base of your flower to secure it to your wreath. If your flower feels too loose, use a small piece of tape or a small amount of glue to hold it in place. Add decorative leaves to accent before giving to mom!