Find a place for pencils, pens, and art or writing supplies in a custom pencil holder. This upcycled craft reuses a tin can you already have on hand!
Elaborate Escapes Coloring Pages
Crayola No. 2 Pencil
Blunt Tip Scissors
No-Run Washable School Glue
Washable Kids' Paint
Upcycled Tin Can
Liquid Measuring Cup
Mason Jar with Lid
- Pick a coloring page from the coloring book. Turn page to landscape format. With pencil, mark tin can height on coloring page. Cut along line using scissors.
- Color and shade coloring page with colored pencils.
- Unbend paper clips into straight lines. Cut the paper clips if necessary, to make them different lengths.
- Create glue mixture by adding equal parts water and glue in a mason jar. Twist on lid and shake until well combined.
- Use paint brush to apply glue mixture to the entirety of the non-colored side of the coloring page. Wrap glue-side of coloring page around tin can, then apply more glue mixture to the seam and overtop the coloring page.
- Dry 2 hours, then fill with pencils, pens, paint brushes, and supplies
CIY Staff Tips
- Be careful of any uneven edges on the tin can! Adult assistance required.
- Save any leftover glue mixture for future decoupage art projects!
Tin Can Pencil Holder Craft Kit
- Elaborate Escapes Coloring Book
- Washable No-Run School Glue, 4-oz.
- Big Paintbrush Set, 4 ct. Flat
- Blunt Tip Scissors
- Colored Pencils, 50 Count