Create a colorful, painted hot air balloon with Crayola paints and clear holiday ornaments. Use metallic, neon or glitter Washable Kids Paint to give your balloon bright color and sparkle and set on the windowsill to decorate your space!
Washable Kids' Paint, 10 ct.
- Remove the tops of your clear, plastic ornaments and place the ornament in a plastic cup to help keep it upright.
- Carefully pour or funnel paint into your ornament. Use different colors to create marble and swirl effects by picking up the ornament and moving the paint inside.
- Set upside down in the plastic up to dry and to allow excess paint to drip out. Allow to dry completely.
- While your ornament dries, create the base of your hot air balloon by sticking four toothpicks into a craft cork to form your hot air balloon basket.
- When ornaments are completely dry, replace the tops and place upside down on top of your toothpick base to create a colorful hot air balloon! Place in front of a window to create a colorful, sun catching effect!