Shed a light on shavings! Make a colorful lantern using a jar, a tea light and Crayola Crayon shavings.
Crayons, 64 ct.
Pointed Tip Scissors
Crayon or pencil sharpener
Hair Dryer (Adult Assistance Required)
Battery-Operated Tea Light
- Unwrap about 4 Crayola Crayons of different colors.
- Sharpen your crayons into small shavings using a crayon or pencil sharpener.
- Tear off a square of wax paper and lay it on a flat, protected surface. Then, sprinkle crayon shavings onto the wax paper. Be sure to blend the colors.
- Place another piece of wax paper over top of your crayon shavings. Tape down the edges and make sure to squeeze out as many air bubbles as possible.
- With adult assistance, use a hair dryer to melt the shavings until they form a colorful melted surface. Let cool.
- Cut the wax paper to fit in a glass jar. Roll the wax paper and place inside the jar, wrapping around the inside edge of the glass.
- Place a battery-operated tea light into the jar to make a lantern!