Turn a cereal box into a DIY picture frame with paint and paper quill embellishments. It's an upcycled craft idea that makes a fun DIY cardboard picture frame!
Blunt Tip Scissors
Washable No-Run School Glue, 4 oz.
Acrylic Paint, 6 ct.
Empty Cereal Box
- With scissors, cut out a picture frame shape on the cereal box to your desired size.
- Mix blue and white paint in the cup with a craft stick, then paint the plain side of the frame. Let dry 1-2 hours. Paint a second coat. Dry again 1-2 hours.
- While paint dries, cut different colors of construction paper into strips and cut 1 folded newspaper sheet into strips.
- Snip a small slit into the paper straw.
- Slide a construction paper strip into the slit, then wrap it around the straw and adhere the other end with glue. Repeat with a newspaper strip and as many construction paper strips as desired.
- Repeat Step 5 to make enough paper quills to cover all or part of the frame.
- Glue the paper quills to the painted frame, let dry, and display!
CIY Staff Tips
- Experiment with other colors of paint to customize your picture frame!
Paper Quill Frame Craft Kit
- Construction Paper
- Washable No-Run School Glue, 4 oz.
- Big Paintbrush Set, 4 ct. Flat
- Acrylic Paint 6 ct.
- Blunt Tip Scissors