Organize craft supplies inside a DIY glass storage jar, a cool upcycled craft idea. The Model Magic topper on the lid makes this kids' craft fun to make and display!
Washable No-Run School Glue, 4 oz.
Acrylic Paint, 6 ct.
Upcycled Jar with Lid
- With a craft stick, mix together white, yellow, and blue acrylic paint in disposable cup.
- Paint with paint brush onto mason jar lid (removed from the jar). Dry 1–2 hours, then add second coat. Dry another 1–2 hours.
- Form Model Magic into monster, animal, or critter topper for the lid. Dry overnight.
- Use markers to add embellishments to Model Magic topper.
- Attach topper to the top of the lid with school glue. Dry 2 hours.
- Fill jar with crayons, craft supplies, paper clips, or anything else on hand!
CIY Staff Tips
- We mixed white, yellow, and blue acrylic paint to make green. Choose any color you desire for the lid.
- Make multiple storage jars with other Model Magic critters on top—the options are endless!
- Beyond markers, use Crayola Glitter Glue to add shimmery accents to Model Magic.
Upcycled Storage Jar Craft Kit
- Model Magic
- Washable No-Run School Glue, 4 oz.
- Big Paintbrush Set, 4 ct. Flat
- Acrylic Paint 6 ct.