We have some tips to help you get the very best results from Fashion Superstar. If you have additional questions, we would love to hear from you! Feel free to call or text us at 1-800-272-9652 weekdays between 9 AM and 4 PM Eastern Time. If you would prefer to send us an email, visit our contact us page.
Our demo video may help you get started! To view it, visit http://www.crayola.com/product-feature/fashion-superstar.aspx
What Devices are Compatible with Fashion Superstar?
Before trying our troubleshooting tips, be sure to check if your device is compatible with Fashion Superstar. See a full is of compatible devices, here – Crayola.com/appcheck
General Tips for Apple Users
General Tips for Android Users
- Reboot your device. Just hold the home and power buttons at the same time until the Apple logo appears. Don’t worry; your data won’t be lost!
- Make sure you are connected to Wi-Fi when downloading the app. If rebooting your device doesn’t help, Reset Network Settings. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. *This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings.
- Close out the app and reopen it. To close the app, press the home button twice, and then swipe up to close the app that is not working. Reopen the app by selecting it from the device.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app. To uninstall the app, press and hold on the app you want to delete until an “x” appears in the upper right hand corner. The app will start wiggling. Press the “x” to delete the app. To reinstall the app, go to App store and search for the app. Press install or the cloud icon to re-download.
- Make sure your device has permission to access the camera. Settings > Privacy > Camera > and turn it green to allow permission. If Fashion Superstar is not listed when trying to turn permissions on, uninstall and reinstall the app. Select OK to allow the app to have access to the camera. If this isn’t an option, please refer the consumer to Apple for troubleshooting further for their device.
- Some Android phones feature the Restart command on the Phone Options menu: Press and hold down the Power/Lock key to see this menu. If a Restart command is there, use it to restart the phone.
- Turn off the phone and remove its battery. Wait about 15 seconds, then reinstall battery, and turn on the phone.
Need More Designs? We have three options!
Make sure your device is connected to Wi-Fi when trying to download the Fashion Superstar. Sometimes the data connection drops but the phone connection stays active. Check the status bar. If you don’t see the 4G, 3G, 1X, or Wi-Fi icon, the phone has no data signal.
- Close the app and reopen it. Press the Recent Apps button on Android 4.0 or newer, located in the virtual taskbar at the bottom of the screen next to the Back and Home buttons. Alternatively, try hitting the Home button and hold until the recent apps list displays.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app. To uninstall app go to Settings > Apps or Application Manager > Select app to uninstall > Uninstall. To reinstall app go to Google Play Store App > Menu > My apps and games > all > select app to reinstall > Install.
- Make sure your device has permission and access to camera. Go to Settings > Apps or Application Manager > select app > Permissions.
- Clearing out cache is important! To clear the app cache on an Android device, open up the Settings menu. Go to Settings > Privacy & Security > Clear cache.
- You can download and print free samples from our website! Visit, http://www.crayola.com/product-feature/fashion-superstar.aspx
- Select Help on the opening page of the app and select Printing Pages for full instructions.
- In your Lookbook, go to the Designs tab and click any unlocked apparel to print a blank page.