No fowl play in creating this windsock! Learn how to make a windsock that doubles as a DIY Thanksgiving decoration.
1 Remove wrapper and clean tin can.
2 Paint entire can brown. Dry 1–2 hours and add second coat of paint.
3 Paint eyes on front of can. Dry 1–2 hours.
4 Cut out construction paper feathers.
5 Glue feathers to back of can.
6 Cut out long strips of construction paper.
7 Glue strips of paper around inside of can.
8 Cut out and glue construction paper beak and wattle under eyes. Dry all glue steps for 2 hours.
9 To create hanger, cut a piece of ribbon and hot glue ends on 2 sides of can. Let cool.
10 Hang to display as a Thanksgiving decoration!
CIY Staff Tips:
- Be careful of any uneven edges on the tin can! Adult assistance required.
- This project uses a hot glue gun. Adult assistance required.
- Can be an indoor or outdoor decoration—just bring inside if inclement weather strikes!
- Want more Turkey Day crafts? Find other Thanksgiving craft ideas, including Thanksgiving table decoration inspiration.
- Keep the good times gobbling with free Thanksgiving coloring pages!