Signature Paint Pour Mini Canvas
In 60 minutes or less, create 3 mini canvas paintings using paint pour techniques. Plus, the main supplies you need are all in a Signature Craft Kit.
- Paper Towel Rolls
- Measuring Spoons
1 Organize your materials. Break paint seals with the back of the cap. Squeeze each tube of paint into a cup.
2 Add 1/2 tsp of water to each color and stir gently to remove lumps. Add another 1/2 tsp of water and stir until smooth.
3 Pour 3 tsp of glitter paint into 1st cup.
4 Add equal amounts of glitter paint to the 3 pour cups. Then add equal amounts of each color to the 3 pour cups.
5 Gently insert stick into the layered paint. Move it very slowly from one side of the cup to the other, then lift it out in a scooping motion. (This breaks the paint layers but does not blend them.)
6 Place flat side of canvas on top of each cup and invert, keeping cup against canvas. Repeat with the other 2 cups.
7 Let cups sit for 1 minute. Remove 1st cup and scrape any remaining paint onto the canvas. Repeat with other 2 cups.
8 Gently tilt each canvas to cover top and sides. Let drips fall onto protected surface.
9 Set canvases to dry on empty paint cups. Touch fingertips or bare spots with a craft stick and blended paint. Air-dry from 24–48 hours – until paint is not shiny and canvas texture can be seen.
CIY Staff Tips:
- Before starting, protect all work surfaces and clothing.
- Acrylic Paints are permanent when dry. Wipe up any paint spills when still wet.
- Set up and work in a clean, dry environment (low humidity).
- Allow Acrylic Paint to completely cover canvas and all sides so design is continuous when displayed.
- Experiment with advanced techniques like square pours and dot pours.